Announcement

Collapse

Read Me First Before Posting on All Tips Forum!

All post on all Tips Forum can be replied but if you have a question please post your questions on different subjects in their proper forums
http://www.bikershangout.com/forums/...al_tech_forums
See more
See less

Front Brakes feel like they are grabbing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Brakes feel like they are grabbing

Just before I put it away this past winter I put new ceramic pads on front and back. Back still seems fine, but I've noticed that the front have started feeling like there is a bouncing or grabbing when applied happens at low or road speeds. Never did it before and this is second time I've put pads on the 04 road king classic, scratching my head and hoping its just the pads and not one or both rotors.
    Ride Free MrJimi !!!!

I'd rather stand with God and be judged by the world, than stand with the world and be judged by God !!!

U S Army 1978 - 1992
    Gulf War Vet
    BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, righty dividing the word of truth.

sigpic

• Eek! Sounds like warp rotors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddieblz View Post
      Eek! Sounds like warp rotors.
      yeah, what I was thinking too, just $149 each at HD.
      Ride Free MrJimi !!!!

I'd rather stand with God and be judged by the world, than stand with the world and be judged by God !!!

U S Army 1978 - 1992
      Gulf War Vet

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, righty dividing the word of truth.

sigpic

Comment

• Try spreading break grease over the top of your pads. Just remember to be careful on that first ride. let the pad set themselves. It will make your break pads stick better and last longer. If you still have a problem then you probably will have to replace the rotor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddieblz View Post
          Try spreading break grease over the top of your pads. Just remember to be careful on that first ride. let the pad set themselves. It will make your break pads stick better and last longer. If you still have a problem then you probably will have to replace the rotor.
          Thanks, going to park it for a bit as soon as my truck gets out of tranny shop. Got to pull primary replace shifter linkage and primary chain and tensioner, so might as well do the brakes and rotors at the same time. Its my only means of transport right now.
          Ride Free MrJimi !!!!

U S Army 1978 - 1992
          Gulf War Vet

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X