Ageing and mens health..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamman View Post
    still , working at the gym almost daily , down 48 ish pounds, seeing to 20"s now, its a lot harder to lose , i'm not really losing as much as i'm changing shape wise, fuckin belly wont go.. lol
    Fuckin' right it's gettin' hard to lose. I'm down 55 pounds so far.... belly is definitely smaller, but still there. I still wanna lose another 20 pounds, but it's gonna be a tough go.
    ride safe, stoney.

sigpic

"some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push 'em down the stairs..."

Comment

more cracking stoney lots of diffrent positions. try it.

Comment

Originally posted by red man View Post
        ok yall you made me look bad so im on a diet lots of salads. feel like a freeking rabbit. no grazing like a cow at night douwn from 240 to 234. hope for more .fish oil is great for your cholestarall hope yall know i cant spell for shit . congrats to you all keep it up
        no .. we are making ya look good..
        Originally posted by Stoney View Post
        Fuckin' right it's gettin' hard to lose. I'm down 55 pounds so far.... belly is definitely smaller, but still there. I still wanna lose another 20 pounds, but it's gonna be a tough go.
        mine is smaller , weight loss is relative overall, , keep it up bro , i have met several folks that lost as much as 120 lbs..
        Originally posted by red man View Post
        more cracking stoney lots of diffrent positions. try it.
        every 30 you lose , your ol gains an inch..
        lol
        Ride free, my brother, my friend..
        Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
        Ride free Mr. Jimi!
        fresh asaphalt and cold beer forever. Rock star, 3/23/14
        sigpic

Comment

56 pounds now.. still got a frikken belly. still go to the gym... 219lbs.
          Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
          Ride free Mr. Jimi!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jamman View Post
            56 pounds now.. still got a frikken belly. still go to the gym... 219lbs.
            Are you still drinking Alcohol and eating Dairy?
            IN MEMORIAM:
            Rob- RIP
            Fat Bob- RIP

Brother Moonie -RIP
            Doc -RIP
            MrJimi -RIP
            Lil Abner- RIP

Durango- RIP

*Its called The POOP Deck Lois... Thats why I went POOP...*

Oy pusssaW...emocleW ot ehT gnaH tuO ...!!!

"Always wid da Negahtiv Waves, Moriarity...Always wid da negahtiv waves..."

The Music Moves Me...But it Moves me Ugly....

GUY FAWKES LIVES....!!!!

Aucuns chapeaux d'âne...!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WaBiker View Post
              Are you still drinking Alcohol and eating Dairy?

I don't see what his sex life has to do with?......

Electraglide Roadtripper
              Twizzle, twazzle, twozzle, twome; time for this one to come home.

Comment

Originally posted by Y2K View Post

I don't see what his sex life has to do with?......

Ok...that right there was fucking funny..
                IN MEMORIAM:
                Rob- RIP
                Fat Bob- RIP

Brother Moonie -RIP
                Doc -RIP
                MrJimi -RIP
                Lil Abner- RIP

Durango- RIP

*Its called The POOP Deck Lois... Thats why I went POOP...*

Oy pusssaW...emocleW ot ehT gnaH tuO ...!!!

"Always wid da Negahtiv Waves, Moriarity...Always wid da negahtiv waves..."

The Music Moves Me...But it Moves me Ugly....

GUY FAWKES LIVES....!!!!

Aucuns chapeaux d'âne...!!!!!!

Comment

Call this karma.

Since the 60's, I've always owned a bicycle; the only activity for me you could call fitness would have to be bicycling. And in the '80's I was REALLY into it. The whole "Italian racing bike 1%er thing" Over 2,000 miles logged in both 1989 and 1990. Not Road Warrior status, but not bad for a guy that worked 55 hours a week, and two little kids running around.

Chronic lower back pain, a move, and a job change with a killer commute did my mileage in, and I lost the long distance spirit. So I swapped the racing bike for a killer high-end mountain bike in 1991.

I rode this PDG Paramount for years. It was great- you dodn't have to suit up with a bunch of "gear" to ride it. You could jump curbs, crash thru woods, etc. It had the then-new indexing gear changers to it, worked flawlessly... all 21 of 'em.

Well, I sold it in 2005. Thing was covered with sawdust... bought the Harley. Can't pinpoint my real reason, but I sold it to a co-worker.

~~

Fast forward to last week- At her request, I bought the wife an old rusty baloon-tired bike for her b-day. Found it in some dude's front yard. She said, hey, that guy got more? We could go riding!

I asked Larry (now 79) if he still had the Paramount. He said yup. You want it back? You can have it!

Here she is! Back home, where she belongs... And I powered up and re-programmed the 20 year old computer (works fine) scraped all the bird shit off it, aired-up the tires, and I've been pedalling my old round ass around the neighborhood for the last 3 days. Gears all work fine.

Last edited by Big D; 08-11-2012, 11:48 AM.
                  . 2000 Dyna Superglide . sigpic

Comment

Great story! It's always cool when something you've owned comes back to roost!

2008 Super Glide Custom (FXDC)

Comment

• update.. a year into it.. today iam 206, but have seen it dip as low as 198, my goalis 180, i stopped the gym last month.. for a bit, going to move to a different one.. so i have lost 70 + pounds.. and still working on it.. take care..
                      Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
                      Ride free Mr. Jimi!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jamman View Post
                        update.. a year into it.. today iam 206, but have seen it dip as low as 198, my goalis 180, i stopped the gym last month.. for a bit, going to move to a different one.. so i have lost 70 + pounds.. and still working on it.. take care..
                        Damn Rob that's awesome!
                        I gotta get back on my mountain bike,I'm back at 250 from the low 140's but since I finally got dayshift back in October things are better and I can get back with it.
                        I've lost 10 pounds already just from not eating to stay awake while driving at 3:00 in the morning,that and not popping 5 hr engery with a Rockstar Cola chaser lol.
                        I had gained back everything I lost over that year of graveyard driving I did.
                        My goal is 230,maybe 225 but I'd be real happy just to see mid 230's.
                        At 225 I'd be fighting weight,180 I'd be dead lol I think my bones weigh that much.
                        Electraglide Roadtripper
                        Twizzle, twazzle, twozzle, twome; time for this one to come home.

Comment

• just had my annual check up. last year I was on my way to having diabetes... I also had a high cholesterol...I am vey happy to report that my glucose level went from 116 to 100 (normal is 60 - 99) thats a 16 point drop and my chloestrol went fro 233 to 201 a 32 point drop. also lost 15 lbs. I cant put my finger on what I did different but I cut way back on fast food and introduced more grains, fruits, and veggys. also started to eat cheeros for breakfast insted of jimmy dean breakfast sandwichs. all I can say is...fuck'n farout!
                          sigpic

THERE IS NO MAN MORE FREE THAN THE ONE WHO DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT SOCIETY THINKS OF HIM.

BEING A BIKER IS A WAY OF LIFE, NOT MERELY A LIFESTYLE BASED AROUND A PARTICULAR TYPE OF VEHICLE.

Comment

• lol, I think you already put your finger on it. Nicely done...I need to start watching that shit too...
                            Question everything, but believe anything is possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamman View Post
                              .......i'm interested , what do you do, how do you maintain your health, and any suggestions you have for joint care......
                              I'm 67 and I just recently had double knee replacement surgery...it ain't fun. I used to be a 3-4 times a week jogger. I figure I wore out the cartilage in my knees with repetitive impact stress from jogging. You can get just as much cardio-vascular benefit from fast walking or using a cross-trainer as you can with jogging, and it will be a lot less injurious on your knees/hips than running/jogging.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bikertrash View Post
                                I'm 67 and I just recently had double knee replacement surgery...it ain't fun. I used to be a 3-4 times a week jogger. I figure I wore out the cartilage in my knees with repetitive impact stress from jogging. You can get just as much cardio-vascular benefit from fast walking or using a cross-trainer as you can with jogging, and it will be a lot less injurious on your knees/hips than running/jogging.
                                I'll second that. Used to run a lot and my knees are shot. I think football, skiing moguls and loading trucks at UPS for years might have played a part too. Goddamn human body isn't made for long term abuse... Only one surgery so far though.
                                Question everything, but believe anything is possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X