Ageing and mens health..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terp84Alum View Post
    Part II: I'm scheduled for C4/C5 and C5/C6 disc surgery May 4.
    Hope they can fix ya up as good as new.
    ride safe, stoney.

sigpic

"some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push 'em down the stairs..."

Comment

ive been a candidate for back surgery since 1999 when i fell off a loading dock in chicago at the old zenith plant.but i have never heard good things about the long term effects.many people i know,or have met have major trouble with these implanted devices.I was a workout nut most of my life,now im just a nut,lol.since the fall within 4 years ive had 3 stents put in my heart(2003,04,07) 1 T.i.A.).Put on about 120lbs. IN 2008 i got typeII diabetes,and i just got done 3 months ago with 39 radiation treatments for prostate cancer.Ive since lost About 55lbs. and ive never stopped riding,its one of my last pleasures.Dr.says no i say fuck you and keep going.im trying to work out again but walking is incredibly painfull after about a block,and about the only thing that works for me is a recumbant bike,which im looking around for now.Most of this shit is i believe is caused by an extremely misspent youth,(like till i was 49,lol)but fuck man i just cant give up.i love the life style its been part of me since i was a little kid on my mini bike.so keep on workin out,and anything else that gets,and keeps ya rollin.damn good luck to all that try.

Comment

Originally posted by lngrange61 View Post
        about the only thing that works for me is a recumbant bike,which im looking around for now.
        Get in the pool and swim,great for you and low impact.
        Electraglide Roadtripper
        Twizzle, twazzle, twozzle, twome; time for this one to come home.

Comment

i might try that y2k,that was the original therapy they used for about 2 months.so i guess ill try the ymca,my insurance may even cover it,they may consider it therapy,and they do cover that.

Comment

best of luck to ya , Ingrange61..
            Ride free, my brother, my friend..
            Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
            Ride free Mr. Jimi!
            fresh asaphalt and cold beer forever. Rock star, 3/23/14
            sigpic

Comment

hows everyone doing , still hitting the gym , daily now, and still pushing it, weight loss has slowed but still at it 35lb leaner meaner me...
              Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
              Ride free Mr. Jimi!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jamman View Post
                hows everyone doing , still hitting the gym , daily now, and still pushing it, weight loss has slowed but still at it 35lb leaner meaner me...
                I haven't made it to the gym yet, but I'm going to go check it out this weekend. I'm down 45lbs so far, and feeling a lot more energetic....I want to try and lose at least another 40lbs. We need to try and hook up this summer and compare bellies.
                ride safe, stoney.

sigpic

"some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push 'em down the stairs..."

Comment

Postponed my disc surgery. Actually feeling a lot better. I'll re-assess in the fall. Keep up the good work you guys. I'm reading some great results here.
                  Ken in Maryland
                  2010 Yamaha Raider
                  2008 Yamaha FZ1

Comment

update, 40lbs and from 42 to 38 pants size, man i ate some bbq yesterday though, i get full fast..
                    Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
                    Ride free Mr. Jimi!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jamman View Post
                      update, 40lbs and from 42 to 38 pants size, man i ate some bbq yesterday though, i get full fast..

Outfukkingstanding!! Keep up the good work bro.
                      ride safe, stoney.

sigpic

Comment

I've finally hit the 50 pound mark!! Down two sizes in pants, and hoping to drop two more........ hope to reach 190 by September. Never felt better.
                        ride safe, stoney.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                          I've finally hit the 50 pound mark!! Down two sizes in pants, and hoping to drop two more........ hope to reach 190 by September. Never felt better.
                          i'm at 42, and losing , should down to 45 by bho run.. keep up the good work skinneyman!
                          Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
                          Ride free Mr. Jimi!
                          sigpic

Comment

Good Job Guys
                            The simplest purpose of a motorcycle is to propel man to new destinations.

Comment

still , working at the gym almost daily , down 48 ish pounds, seeing to 20"s now, its a lot harder to lose , i'm not really losing as much as i'm changing shape wise, fuckin belly wont go.. lol
                              Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
                              Ride free Mr. Jimi!
                              sigpic

Comment

ok yall you made me look bad so im on a diet lots of salads. feel like a freeking rabbit. no grazing like a cow at night douwn from 240 to 234. hope for more .fish oil is great for your cholestarall hope yall know i cant spell for shit . congrats to you all keep it up

Comment

Working...
                                X