Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ageing and mens health..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by jamman View Post
    hows everyone doing, i had to stepp up, my work out routine, struggling to get below, 247, i have increased all my weight sets , adding more weight and tripling the amount i do , i also have added 10 minutes on the treadmill , varying the incline from 3 at 3.0 mph to a incline of 14, i vary the speeds from 3.3 to 4.0, not eating shit, just cant seem tho get the weight lower..
    Plateau's are common, maybe change things up a bit..shock yer system in another way/routine....and dont forget...Muscle wieghs more than Fat.
    IN MEMORIAM:
    Rob- RIP
    Fat Bob- RIP

    Brother Moonie -RIP
    Doc -RIP
    MrJimi -RIP
    Lil Abner- RIP

    Durango- RIP



    *Its called The POOP Deck Lois... Thats why I went POOP...*

    Oy pusssaW...emocleW ot ehT gnaH tuO ...!!!

    "Always wid da Negahtiv Waves, Moriarity...Always wid da negahtiv waves..."

    The Music Moves Me...But it Moves me Ugly....

    GUY FAWKES LIVES....!!!!

    Aucuns chapeaux d'âne...!!!!!!

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by WaBiker View Post
      Plateau's are common, maybe change things up a bit..shock yer system in another way/routine....and dont forget...Muscle wieghs more than Fat.
      i have changed the routine, i'm workin hard at this, it might be some trade off for muscle, i really want to get rid of the spare tire..
      Ride free, my brother, my friend..
      Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
      Ride free Mr. Jimi!
      fresh asaphalt and cold beer forever. Rock star, 3/23/14
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #63
        progress anyone? down 29 , 30 lbs, have increased my time and routine at the gym, feeling great! i think i'm becoming addicted.. have a great day all..
        Ride free, my brother, my friend..
        Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
        Ride free Mr. Jimi!
        fresh asaphalt and cold beer forever. Rock star, 3/23/14
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by jamman View Post
          progress anyone? down 29 , 30 lbs, have increased my time and routine at the gym, feeling great! i think i'm becoming addicted.. have a great day all..
          Good for you brother,I haven't even started yet lol.
          Just maintaining where I am by not overeating till the weather finally breaks here(tried to snow again yesterday) and I can get out on my mountain bike and or dirt scooter and do some hiking.
          The sky is semi clear this am,the mountain is out (might have to be from the PAC NW to know what that means) but it's frosty cold out.
          Since it's my day off maybe I'll at least get a walk in before more shit comes from the sky.

          Gotta lot-O-crap to do first though,this fucking build'n a house is a PITA and taking up all my free time,good news though! my well passed all aspects of the inspection.
          Last edited by Y2K; 04-08-2012, 12:19 AM.
          Electraglide Roadtripper
          Twizzle, twazzle, twozzle, twome; time for this one to come home.

          Comment


          • #65
            Minus 14# and holding... doing nothing but trying to back away from the table a bit, and walking. Do that at noon mostly.

            I walk Buddy the WonderDog every evening, but he (not to mention me) is getting up there in age, and he mostly just moseys nowadays. Don't count that as walking.

            ~~

            Way to go, Jammie!
            . 2000 Dyna Superglide . sigpic

            Comment


            • #66
              Great job on the weight loss, guys. When I dropped a bunc of weight 4 years ago, I used a FREE online site FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal. You use it to track what you eat and your exercises. I highly reccomend it. I went from 210 to 160 in about 7 months and have pretty mucg kept it all off.

              Now witht that said, let me introduce you to what I consider the biggest aging nightmare. Its called Posterior Vitreous Detachment or PVD. Generally, it happens around 60 or so but can really happen whenever. Mine didn't wait. Most of the time it occurs with minimal complications and life goes on. However, when it goes bad, it goes real bad like in my case. Not to bore you, but there is a baloon like ba insde your eye abd when you age, it shrinks. During PVD, this bag separates from your retina. The early warning signals is flashes in your eye. I noticed every time I came down the stairs when my right foot hit, I saw flashes in my right eye. I went to my doctor and he told me what was going on and that it was normal and that when it was done, I'd see a few floaters. Well, about 3 months later, things broke loose. There is an area around the macula that forms like a gasket and that broke loose and my "bag" came apart. So I had parts of this bag and this gasket (referred to as a Weis ring) floating around ypthe inside of my eye ball. Let me tell you, its torture. It doesn't hurt but you go crazy, literally. There is only one treatment. Its called a vitrectomy and I had one. They make 3 holes in your eye: one for a light, one for a sucker/cutter, and one to replenish the fluid being sucked out. Google it. Its a freaky operation but had I not gotten it, I would have committed suicide. Sorry to make a long story longer but that's what 2011 was for me plus my disc problem but compared to my eye, its all gravy.
              Ken in Maryland
              2010 Yamaha Raider
              2008 Yamaha FZ1

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Y2K View Post
                Good for you brother,I haven't even started yet lol.
                Just maintaining where I am by not overeating till the weather finally breaks here(tried to snow again yesterday) and I can get out on my mountain bike and or dirt scooter and do some hiking.
                The sky is semi clear this am,the mountain is out (might have to be from the PAC NW to know what that means) but it's frosty cold out.
                Since it's my day off maybe I'll at least get a walk in before more shit comes from the sky.

                Gotta lot-O-crap to do first though,this fucking build'n a house in a PITA and taking up all my free time,good news though! my well passed all aspects of the inspection.
                i know that'll keep you busy..
                Originally posted by Big D View Post
                Minus 14# and holding... doing nothing but trying to back away from the table a bit, and walking. Do that at noon mostly.

                I walk Buddy the WonderDog every evening, but he (not to mention me) is getting up there in age, and he mostly just moseys nowadays. Don't count that as walking.

                ~~

                Way to go, Jammie!
                good job D!
                Originally posted by Terp84Alum View Post
                Great job on the weight loss, guys. When I dropped a bunc of weight 4 years ago, I used a FREE online site FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal. You use it to track what you eat and your exercises. I highly reccomend it. I went from 210 to 160 in about 7 months and have pretty mucg kept it all off.

                Now witht that said, let me introduce you to what I consider the biggest aging nightmare. Its called Posterior Vitreous Detachment or PVD. Generally, it happens around 60 or so but can really happen whenever. Mine didn't wait. Most of the time it occurs with minimal complications and life goes on. However, when it goes bad, it goes real bad like in my case. Not to bore you, but there is a baloon like ba insde your eye abd when you age, it shrinks. During PVD, this bag separates from your retina. The early warning signals is flashes in your eye. I noticed every time I came down the stairs when my right foot hit, I saw flashes in my right eye. I went to my doctor and he told me what was going on and that it was normal and that when it was done, I'd see a few floaters. Well, about 3 months later, things broke loose. There is an area around the macula that forms like a gasket and that broke loose and my "bag" came apart. So I had parts of this bag and this gasket (referred to as a Weis ring) floating around ypthe inside of my eye ball. Let me tell you, its torture. It doesn't hurt but you go crazy, literally. There is only one treatment. Its called a vitrectomy and I had one. They make 3 holes in your eye: one for a light, one for a sucker/cutter, and one to replenish the fluid being sucked out. Google it. Its a freaky operation but had I not gotten it, I would have committed suicide. Sorry to make a long story longer but that's what 2011 was for me plus my disc problem but compared to my eye, its all gravy.
                holy shit.. glad you've recovered.. good job , on the weight loss guys.. just tryin to keep motivated here.. I'm sure Buddy appreciates the walk... dean get moving.. and thanks for the link , there is one at www.livestrong.com that i tried i spent too much time putting in info less time working it..
                Ride free, my brother, my friend..
                Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
                Ride free Mr. Jimi!
                fresh asaphalt and cold beer forever. Rock star, 3/23/14
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by jamman View Post
                  progress anyone? down 29 , 30 lbs, have increased my time and routine at the gym, feeling great! i think i'm becoming addicted.. have a great day all..
                  I'm down 42lbs, but seem to have stalled a bit. Gonna change up my diet a bit to see if that will start me losing again. Thinking of signing up at a local gym, and start working on flattening out the belly.
                  ride safe, stoney.


                  sigpic



                  "some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push 'em down the stairs..."

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                    I'm down 42lbs, but seem to have stalled a bit. Gonna change up my diet a bit to see if that will start me losing again. Thinking of signing up at a local gym, and start working on flattening out the belly.
                    Damn.. slim... nice job,, thats a motivator there... maybe you ought to try the gym, at this point i dont see not having a membership in my life..routine , will push start the stall, i used to work on 3 machines now its 8, and i'm usually there from 45 mins to a hour and 15 minutes, depending on how i feel..
                    wont be no choclate eggs, for me today.. but i think ill fix some biscuits and sausage gravey..
                    Ride free, my brother, my friend..
                    Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
                    Ride free Mr. Jimi!
                    fresh asaphalt and cold beer forever. Rock star, 3/23/14
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by jamman View Post
                      Damn.. slim... nice job,, thats a motivator there... maybe you ought to try the gym, at this point i dont see not having a membership in my life..routine , will push start the stall, i used to work on 3 machines now its 8, and i'm usually there from 45 mins to a hour and 15 minutes, depending on how i feel..
                      wont be no choclate eggs, for me today.. but i think ill fix some biscuits and sausage gravey..
                      Biscuits and sausage gravy is part of my loss weight program along with the see food diet. the 12 oz curls are also very helpful, fill you up so you won't eat as much
                      sigpic

                      I LOVE TITTIES

                      REMBEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by jamman View Post
                        Damn.. slim... nice job,, thats a motivator there... maybe you ought to try the gym, at this point i dont see not having a membership in my life..routine , will push start the stall, i used to work on 3 machines now its 8, and i'm usually there from 45 mins to a hour and 15 minutes, depending on how i feel..
                        wont be no choclate eggs, for me today.. but i think ill fix some biscuits and sausage gravey..
                        Not slim yet, but I'm getting closer. It amazing how motivated you get when you start to see the results...... I had originally targeted 210 pounds, but now I'm thinking I'd like to drop to 190. I'm gonna check out the gym this week. Jammy, are you using a trainer, or just going in and picking yer own workout?
                        ride safe, stoney.


                        sigpic



                        "some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push 'em down the stairs..."

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                          Not slim yet, but I'm getting closer. It amazing how motivated you get when you start to see the results...... I had originally targeted 210 pounds, but now I'm thinking I'd like to drop to 190. I'm gonna check out the gym this week. Jammy, are you using a trainer, or just going in and picking yer own workout?
                          yeah , I know right.. no trainer, but the ones here are smokin, i do some weight, then treadmill, varying the incline, my incline is always 4 or 5, but start whats comfortable, the ones here monitor your heart rate and i target 115 to burn fat, and then speed it up to get heart rate up to 125+ for cardio, do that for 20 to 25 minutes, then all the weight machines, i have built up to what the weights are, but vary from 30 to 130 then 10 to 15 more on the treadmill, at a higher pace to burn fat and more cardio , then back to the weights to cool down , and usually follow that with a ride to cool off, before heading home..
                          i dont shower before i go , i go funky from work , im just going there to sweat anyway..lol
                          Ride free, my brother, my friend..
                          Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
                          Ride free Mr. Jimi!
                          fresh asaphalt and cold beer forever. Rock star, 3/23/14
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            You guys are kicking ass. Keep it up.
                            Ken in Maryland
                            2010 Yamaha Raider
                            2008 Yamaha FZ1

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Part II: I'm scheduled for C4/C5 and C5/C6 disc surgery May 4.
                              Ken in Maryland
                              2010 Yamaha Raider
                              2008 Yamaha FZ1

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Terp84Alum View Post
                                Part II: I'm scheduled for C4/C5 and C5/C6 disc surgery May 4.
                                best wishes and good luck Bud..
                                Ride free, my brother, my friend..
                                Garry Gipson, 5/20/10
                                Ride free Mr. Jimi!
                                fresh asaphalt and cold beer forever. Rock star, 3/23/14
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X