Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley Adds Two New Models

Harley-Davidson adds two new models to 2016 line

In a move that shows a determination to maintain market share and move product into new consumer niches, Harley-Davidson has announced the addition of two new motorcycles into its 2016 lineup.

The massive Milwaukee-based company will soon begin selling a CVO Pro Street Breakout and a Low Rider S -- two machines aimed squarely at the growing young urban motorcycle segment.

The Low Rider S will feature the company's most powerful engine, the Screamin' Eagle Twin Cam 110, paired with an intake and exhaust system that are said to boost performance to 115 pounds of torque. MSRP for the Low Rider S will be $16,699.

It joins the previously announced Fat Boy S and Softail Slim S in the new line of 2016 S series cruisers.

The CVO Pro Street Breakout, powered by the same engine, is a limited-edition offering featuring a stripped-down, drag racer design, matched with twin-disc front brakes and customized paint and design elements. It will retail at $25,699.

Harley-Davidson, which has nearly 50% of U.S. big bike market share, adds the two machines to a list of new and refreshed 2016 models. In addition to the two other S series bikes, the company has already unwrapped a new Road Glide Ultra and upgraded versions of its Heritage Softail Classic, Iron and Forty-Eight.

Harley had previously announced new, more powerful engines for its Softail, Dyna, CVO Street Glide, CVO Limited and CVO Road Glide Ultra machines.

The new bikes arrive at a key moment for the storied American motorcycle manufacturer. After solid first and second sales quarters, the company had a soft third quarter.

Stock price has fallen from about $65 a share in January to a close of $40 a share Monday, as the traditionally dominant bike builder has lost market share to offerings from Indian, Yamaha and others.

The company will release fourth-quarter numbers on Thursday.

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...125-story.html
    Last edited by PlanB; 01-27-2016, 09:20 PM.

2008 Super Glide Custom (FXDC)

• Nice, good to see the MOCO keeping up with the market
    Ride Free MrJimi !!!!

I'd rather stand with God and be judged by the world, than stand with the world and be judged by God !!!

U S Army 1978 - 1992
    Gulf War Vet
    BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, righty dividing the word of truth.

sigpic

Comment

I'm digg'n that low S....they both are great look'n bikes...ready to tear up some asphalt man.
      sigpic

THERE IS NO MAN MORE FREE THAN THE ONE WHO DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT SOCIETY THINKS OF HIM.

BEING A BIKER IS A WAY OF LIFE, NOT MERELY A LIFESTYLE BASED AROUND A PARTICULAR TYPE OF VEHICLE.

Comment

Originally posted by Rippin View Post
        I'm digg'n that low S....they both are great look'n bikes...ready to tear up some asphalt man.
        The S is cool,gots a 110" engine too,and at a reasonable price!

Still if'n I was buying a new Lowrider I think I'd get the Custom and have a bore kit installed to get the 110" power.

Electraglide Roadtripper
        Twizzle, twazzle, twozzle, twome; time for this one to come home.

Comment

I hear ya....the custom low is great look'n too.
          sigpic

THERE IS NO MAN MORE FREE THAN THE ONE WHO DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT SOCIETY THINKS OF HIM.

BEING A BIKER IS A WAY OF LIFE, NOT MERELY A LIFESTYLE BASED AROUND A PARTICULAR TYPE OF VEHICLE.

Comment

• Top one looks cool. Better than those land yachts the guys ride up here.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadaJack View Post
              Better than those land yachts the guys ride up here.
              Electraglide Roadtripper

Comment

I dig the CVO with USD forks, bout time. Is that 2 piston calipers on floating rotors?
                Look out boys, bleeding edge components.

Comment

• I hear they are still working on an electric bike. Gonna put a big vibrator in it to give it that Harley sound. It's a woman's bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddieblz View Post
                    I hear they are still working on an electric bike. Gonna put a big vibrator in it to give it that Harley sound. It's a woman's bike.
                    Yeah no thanks,I'll stick to my air cooled v-twin.
                    Electraglide Roadtripper

Comment

Originally posted by Y2K View Post
                      Yeah no thanks,I'll stick to my air cooled v-twin.

what do ya mean Dean? your not into twist and go?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rippin View Post
                        what do ya mean Dean? your not into twist and go?
                        Nope, I like to shift gears .

I guess I'm just an old school caveman.

Electraglide Roadtripper

Comment

Working...
                        X