Well... I went and did it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well... I went and did it.

My ALR chapter went out for a ride to support another American Legion post this weekend and on the way back we stopped by an HD dealer...

I didn't intend on buying anything but... Here's my new 2015 Road Glide.

I know what you're thinking but I actually did get a great deal. The salesman said they could "go deep" on the price of a new Road Glide but I had no idea how "deep" deep was.

I hemmed and hawed, pretending that I wasn't interested. Then, after a little dickering, he finally told me to shoot him a "stupid" number on the bike. So, I did. I still can't believe they agreed to it.

I ended up paying exactly one dollar more than asking price of the used 2013 Street Glide I was looking at out front.

Coming off a Sporty, all I can say is DAMN!!! This thing is so smooth. It's like driving butter over a hot corn cob.

I'm a happy as a sissy with a dick in his hand.
    Last edited by ccain; 01-26-2015, 01:28 AM.

Congrats!...the big bikes are highway eating machines I'm sure you'll love it.
    Did you trade in the Sporty or keep it too?
    Electraglide Roadtripper
    Twizzle, twazzle, twozzle, twome; time for this one to come home.

Comment

• Sweet! Enjoy!

Comment

• Love the color. Gotta be worth 5 extra HP.

Comment

• Happy new bike day!
          So did the tourpak come with the deal?

Comment

• Another twin cam time bomb. Now ya look like every other bagger going down the road.

Comment

• Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Y2K View Post
              Congrats!...the big bikes are highway eating machines I'm sure you'll love it.
              Did you trade in the Sporty or keep it too?
              Yup, I ditched the Sporty.

Originally posted by cherokee jim View Post
              Happy new bike day!
              So did the tourpak come with the deal?
              The sissybar and tourpak mounting hardware came on the bike, although I'll probably not use it.

Originally posted by stocker View Post
              Another twin cam time bomb. Now ya look like every other bagger going down the road.
              Nope. I'm the pretty one.

Comment

• Cool, the pak will come in handy one day. I bet you shit the difference in ride that change up was. I'm hoping the alley clears up so I can get mine out, gas is 1.77 a gal here man that is just ridiculous.

Comment

• Yeah, the difference in the ride is amazing. I kinda feel guilty being this comfy on a motorcycle. I'm two days in and I'm still a little squirrelly on it at slow speeds but I know that's just me being a pussy and letting this monster intimidate me a bit. After 2 decades of thrashing around on light weight bikes this is quite the wake up call.

Comment

• Yep, handles like a john Deere tractor. I had a 07 Street Glide that was the biggest piece of shit I ever owned. I like the fx chassis and the bubbermount carbed xl's. I learned along time ago to size my bikes for my size. 5'8 160 pounds with size 9 feet and a ten inch dick. The fit and finish and quality control went down hill since 2010 on the Fl's and since you have the first year new road king model; your model is the test subject. Usually takes the MoCo 2 to 5 years to cypher out the problems. Good luck and remember..it's not a sportster. Once ya get to far over onto the bag just let it slide.
                    Last edited by stocker; 01-26-2015, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stocker View Post
                      Yep, handles like a john Deere tractor. I had a 07 Street Glide that was the biggest piece of shit I ever owned. I like the fx chassis and the bubbermount carbed xl's. I learned along time ago to size my bikes for my size. 5'8 160 pounds with size 9 feet and a ten inch dick. The fit and finish and quality control went down hill since 2010 on the Fl's and since you have the first year new road king model; your model is the test subject. Usually takes the MoCo 2 to 5 years to cypher out the problems. Good luck and remember..it's not a sportster. Once ya get to far over onto the bag just let it slide.
                      Stocker,

You are just too damn polite. Ya need to come outta that shell and say what ya really feel.

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee jim View Post
                        Cool, the pak will come in handy one day. I bet you shit the difference in ride that change up was. I'm hoping the alley clears up so I can get mine out, gas is 1.77 a gal here man that is just ridiculous.
                        I love the tour pac on my bike, just too handy to consider taking it off.

Originally posted by ccain View Post
                        Yeah, the difference in the ride is amazing. I kinda feel guilty being this comfy on a motorcycle. I'm two days in and I'm still a little squirrelly on it at slow speeds but I know that's just me being a pussy and letting this monster intimidate me a bit. After 2 decades of thrashing around on light weight bikes this is quite the wake up call.
                        I felt that way at first when I bought my first Electa and was coming off an FXR but now (200,000+miles later) I toss the big bikes around like a sport rider.
                        Once you get used to the fact that you have to steer these bikes and body English does very little you'll get the hang of it a lot better.

Originally posted by stocker View Post
                        Yep, handles like a john Deere tractor. I had a 07 Street Glide that was the biggest piece of shit I ever owned.
                        Street Glide pfffft!,H-D managed to fuck up a perfectly good Electraglide by lowering it and stripping it down then selling it for more,beats the fuck out of me how they sold that one on folks.
                        A proper EG handles just fine if you know how to ride.
                        Electraglide Roadtripper
                        Twizzle, twazzle, twozzle, twome; time for this one to come home.

Comment

• My Ultra handles better than my FXDC does. Its just heavier but once you get over that and get used to it them big bikes are easy to maneuver. Oh and it has a radio....and vents.....and storage.....and shows my age

Comment

Working...
                          X